Group Poetry Workshops
It is important to us that we engage with people by doing things with them. This takes the form of workshops. Our workshops have poetry writing as their focus.
Our poetry workshops are based on Ekphrasis (poetry and art describing each other) This is the basis of our artwork; it is an interaction, interrelationship. collaboration between the two genre The workshops have a number of elements:
1) Explanation of Ekphrasis
2) look at some examples with pictures and words, showing how different views of the picture can totally change its message and the poetry
3) Get the participants to write a short phrases and words, using emotion, colour, living thing, object, happenings
4) get them to illustrate their words in 3D form using a small piece of clay
5) introduce them to a piece of our work and the related poetry to demonstrate our use of Ekphrasis
6) Then we introduce a different piece and ask them to write a piece of poetry in response to it.
We can offer to have their poems incorporated in their own hand writing on a ceramic dish (they choose the glaze colour) but that would cost £25 each plus P&P
We do the workshops with 12 people normally and they last 2.5 hrs approx
We provide all the materials